[wp-hackers] APC-Nginx-Apache problems / memory problems on VPS

Braydon ronin at braydon.com
Mon Aug 29 11:54:56 UTC 2011

The biggest problem I've found is the interoperability between other
plugins and caching plugins, since caching isn't part of the core. This
is especially true for any plugins that deal with templates or post
types or plugins that use their own database tables. That is to say
caching isn't a part of the core other than the transient API, right?
But that works with the database still if not using the memcache plugin,
and the database is usually always the biggest bottleneck, when static
file would be better when memcache isn't available.