[wp-hackers] APC-Nginx-Apache problems / memory problems on VPS

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Sun Aug 28 15:25:17 UTC 2011

On 28/08/2011 6:45 AM, Ian Douglas wrote:
> We're look into the debug log. I get hundreds (like may 700 on the
> frontpage alone) of the following:
>
> Notice: get_settings is deprecated since version 2.1! Use
> get_option() instead.
> in/home/bikyaweb/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3382
>
> I wish I could even just solve this. There are hundreds of these that
> must also stress the CPU.

You can replace "get_settings" with "get_option" in your theme's
functions.php or your plugins. However 700 calls on one page doesn't
sound right. Have you tried switching to 2010 or 2011 to see if your
theme is the culprit?

As others here have mentioned it would be a lot better if you had a test
install (with exactly the same setup/data) where you can do all debugging.