[wp-hackers] Website transfering

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 22:01:32 UTC 2011

On 26 August 2011 22:27, Pasquale Puzio <pasquale.puzio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would move a website from a folder (initially called "beta") into another
> folder.
>
> In theory this operation is very simple in post and page contents there are
> a lot of images with the old path and I would avoid manually editing all
> posts and pages replacing the old path with the new one.
>
> Someone of you has some suggestion for me?

Someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure
this is all handled by the WordPress export and import system, so it
might be easiest to use that. When you import a WordPress XML file
it'll replace all instances of the domain name you're exporting from
with the domain name you're exporting to.