[wp-hackers] Enhanced E-Mails needs testing

Wojtek Szkutnik wojtek.szkutnik at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:58:21 UTC 2011

Thanks for the input!

As for output buffering, this is per westi's suggestions:

   - Personally, I think it would be better to try and avoid using output
   buffering to capture the content of the HTML version of the emails – it
   should be fairly easy to switch over the way this works when we bring these
   into core.
   - In general output buffering is “not a good idea” ™ and we tend to avoid
   it. There aren’t specific pitfalls I can highlight here but I think it will
   probably end up easier to maintain and extend if it if function and string
   building based over output buffering.

If we decide that output buffering is the way to go, it shouldnt take too
much work to switch it back to the way it was. I'm not entirely sure which
one is better and I definitely liked the clean code of the 0.1 version.

@docs +1, I'm still working on the docs and some basic info for developers

@templates I have to think it through, your point is valid but I have to
consider if this doesn't cause some cross-template problems. I will get back
to it soon :)

cheers,
W.