[wp-hackers] Frontend form

James Collins james at om4.com.au
Fri Aug 19 02:23:54 UTC 2011

At the point where WordPress is rendering/loading the shortcode (ie calling
your shortcode function), your website's header HTML has already been sent
to the browser.

If you want your form submission handling code to perform a HTTP redirect,
your form submission handling code will need to hook into something like the
'init' hook instead of being done inside the shortcode handler function.

So you have your form display/rendering code in the shortcode handler
function, and your form submission/handler code somewhere where it gets
executed before WordPress begins to output any HTML or HTTP headers.

James