[wp-hackers] Detecting which action ran function

Jackson Whelan jw at jacksonwhelan.com
Fri Aug 12 15:03:35 UTC 2011

I think you may want to look at the global $wp_current_filter which is
set in the do_action() [1] function according to what action is being
called.

Alternatively you could create wrapper functions for each action, and
use them to pass a variable to your main function which would determine
the output.

Hope that helps,

Jackson

[1] http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/3.2.1/wp-includes/plugin.php