[wp-hackers] Make a function available to other plugins

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:12:36 UTC 2011

I'm developing a plugin that other plugins can integrate with, they will
need access to a function within my plugin. Obviously, if their plugin is
loaded before mine, it will result in an error. How do I ensure that my
plugin will be loaded first?

Likewise, if I want to build in some compatibility with another plugin
(BuddyPress), how do I make sure that is loaded before mine?

I could use 'plugins_loaded' with a high priority, but that doesn't seem
very foolproof to me?

- - - -
Kind regards,
Alex Hempton-Smith