[wp-hackers] shortcodes with dash conflict?

Paul paul at codehooligans.com
Thu Aug 4 14:50:12 UTC 2011

This morning I was contacted by someone using my plugin, Media-Tags. The reported issues is the shortcode I'm providing via the plugin [media-tags] is somehow being hijacked by another plugin, wordTube.

So I downloaded this wordTube plugin. And found where is registers a shortcode [media]. And was able to confirm when I add my plugin's shortcode [media-tags] to a Page it will somehow be passed to the wordTube plugin instead of my Media-Tags plugin.

So my question is should I instead be using [mediatags] or [media_tags] instead of [media-tags]? Is there something in the regex pattern matching where the dash is effecting the logic? Anyone?

P-