[wp-hackers] TinyMCE editor with no localization strings in WordPress

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Wed Apr 27 15:04:03 UTC 2011

On 27/04/2011 7:13 AM, Carlo Gandolfo wrote:
> Ok, the raw solution was easy.
> I just had to download tinymce languages from here:
> I'm sure it will exists a better solution, I'll investigate further but for
> now it fills the hole.

Have a look in wp-admin/includes/post.php (near the end) at how core
loads TinyMCE. The translation strings are loaded after tiny_mce.js and
there's a small script that runs after all plugins are loaded to tell
tmce not to look for separate translation files.

Also TinyMCE should be loaded in the footer, no need to slow the page load.