[wp-hackers] Embedded videos are not resizing

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 20:43:09 UTC 2011

On 25 April 2011 21:28, RePost <repost_08 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've gone into Media settings and set a maximum embed width for videos.
> WordPress is completely ignoring these settings, requiring me to manually
> edit the YouTube embed dimensions.
>
> How can I make WordPress respect the media embed settings?

I *think* the setting only applies to media you embed using shortcodes
or by entering the YouTube URL on its own, rather than situations
where you've pasted in the embed code from YouTube.

So, to that end, are you pasting the YouTube embed code in, or are you
pasting just the URL to the YouTube video?