[wp-hackers] Licensing Question about Plugin Repo

John 3:16 Media wp at john316media.com
Thu Apr 14 11:43:18 UTC 2011

Ok so I have this third-party library that's an SDK for a web service API.
The library is not explicitly given a license, instead it says this:

Copyright (c) 2008 Positive Networks, Inc.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
obtaining  a copy of this software and associated documentation
files (the "Software"),  to deal in the Software without
restriction, including without limitation the  rights to use,
copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or
sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT  SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT
HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,  ARISING
FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER  DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
I want to include this plugin in the WP.ORG extend site, will this be an
issue?

--

I'm working on a support ticket plugin and I'm looking for users to test and
provide feedback on it.  Will bribe anyone who helps with a generous