[wp-hackers] Multisite Remote Database

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Apr 11 23:22:42 UTC 2011

by the sounds of it, You're trying to use the same database and tables on
the live as the test site?
If so, the only possible way that you could be getting a redirection should
be through the canonical code, and even then, it won't cause a infinite
redirect, nor will it redirect based on hostname.

Try defining WP_SITEURL & WP_HOME for the local install since it's URL
differs to that in your database.. see how you go..