[wp-hackers] Multisite Remote Database

madalin niladam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 19:22:52 UTC 2011

To me that sounds like your host is blocking remote access on your
mysql (if you have cpanel on your VPS take a look at remote mysql).

The things you had in your .htaccess were related to FrontPage nad had
no effect on the issue you're having. Try a php script that connects
to your host  - this might help:
http://www.wallpaperama.com/forums/simple-php-mysql-connection-test-script-example-t5702.html

Let us know if the connection is successful,

Hope that helps.

Cu drag,
madalin
http://madalin.eu