[wp-hackers] When to test plugins

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Apr 11 04:27:24 UTC 2011

Beta1, And report any incompatibilities you find that seems like a core bug.
Beta 2 to make sure those bugs were fixed appropriately
Beta 3 to make sute things still work
RC - If it doesnt work now, you better tell us ASAP and it better be a big
bug, otherwise you'll have to wait until .1 before the bug gets fixed..

Release Candidates are just that, Release candidates, the bug fixing and
testing has been done, it's the final round to make sure there are no huge
major regressions which is going to cause problems for a lot of people.
Quite often tiny bugs will be reported at the last second, and by that time,
they have to wait for the next maintenance release..