[wp-hackers] Restricting access to specific users

William P. Davis will.davis at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:43:36 UTC 2011

I would probably save the IDs of the users who are allowed access as postmeta, and then before displaying the article check get_currentuser_data. If the ID isn't in the array then die gracefully. You could probably use a filter to ensure those articles don't show in archive pages, too.

Alternatively, if there's just a group of users that will always see those articles, create a new user level and give them permission to read private articles, then use WP's built-in functionality for that.