[wp-hackers] Uninstall Handling

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sat Apr 9 16:22:06 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Ken Brucker <Ken at pumastudios.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use the uninstall hook.  However, unless you provide valid FTP/sFTP login credentials you can't get to the point of executing the hook.  In my situation, FTP/sFTP are not enabled on the server so there's no way to respond in a way that will allow the uninstall hook to execute.

If you can't actually uninstall the plugin, then it would make perfect
sense to me that you can't run the uninstall hook either.

If you don't have FTP available, then consider configuring your server
such that the "direct" method works properly. This is a setuid setup,
basically, and there's a half a dozen ways to do it. The easiest would
be to use suPHP instead of the normal PHP setup.

-Otto