[wp-hackers] Uninstall Handling

Philip Walton philip at philipwalton.com
Sat Apr 9 04:51:57 UTC 2011

It should also be pointed out that when you upgrade versions of WordPress
it's recommended that you deactivate and then reactive all plugins.

Deleting user settings form the database on deactivation could really screw
up a lot of people's sites when they're upgrading.

The automatic WordPress upgrader may actually deactivate and reactive as
well, though someone else would have to confirm that.

Philip Walton