[wp-hackers] Media Gallery

Lynne Pope lynne.pope at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:32:25 UTC 2011

Look at the plugin, "Add from Server". I'm not sure if it works with 3.1 but
its worth checking out. It does work on 3.0.
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/add-from-server/
Essentially, it copies stray image files into the WP upload system and
registers them so they are able to be managed by the Media Manager.

I'm not sure there is a way to get the media manager itself to scan through
the server and import image data. It would be a darned good enhancement for
a future release.

Cheers,
Lynne