[wp-hackers] maintain official github svn mirror?

Andrew Sutherland jalenack at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 01:11:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,

For a little while Wordpress appeared to be maintaining an official mirror
on github, but it's been dark for months:
https://github.com/wordpress/wordpress

I'm aware that there's this one, which seems up to date, but I'd prefer to
get my wordpress from an official source:
https://github.com/dxw/wordpress

I'm aware that this list/Automattic has decided against moving WP to git,
but could WP at least maintain the mirror? It would make maintaining
wordpress much simpler for me and I suspect a lot of others. It doesn't seem
like it would take much work, and would provide an easy way for many people
to move wordpress into their existing github workflows.

Any interest?

Thanks,
Andrew