[wp-hackers] Multiple orderby and order options in WP_Query

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Tue Apr 5 13:46:22 UTC 2011

Christian,

My recommendation would be to use one orderby statement in the query, then
filter the array returned to order by your second parameter.

MySQL does support ordering by multiple columns, but not in the sense of
ordering one ASC and the other DESC.  So separate your two paradigms, let
MySQL take care of one for you, then manually do the other via PHP.