[wp-hackers] Problem with admin AJAX not executing plugin code

Philip Walton philip at philipwalton.com
Mon Apr 4 15:24:28 UTC 2011

On 4/4/11 8:02 AM, Dion Hulse (dd32) wrote:
> Ajax requests do not triger admin_menu, therefore I'm guessing your action
> is never hooked. perhaps you should try admin_init instead?
Dion, thanks for this bit of info! (Sorry, unrelated to this thread) I'm
writing a plugin that keeps getting screwed up because my AJAX requests
are calling all the same plugin logic that my main page requests are
calling.

Do you recommend putting plugin logic that you don't want AJAX requests
to call in the 'admin_menu' hook, or is there a better place?