[wp-hackers] WordPress 3.1 - something strange in the title

Jimmy Roy jimmy.roy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 04:45:58 UTC 2011

hi all,

I'm not sure if it's the correct list to ask this question, if I'm not in
the correct place please tell.

I notice something strange in my new WP3.1 installation, for example the
title of my post is:

*Vocabulaire - Découvrir les noms - Guide du maître*

and in the blog the title is transform to:

*8211; Découvrir les noms - Guide du maître*

I fix that with this function:

function cleanWPMess($content)
{
$content = str_replace(array("–"), "-", $content);
return $content;
}
add_filter('the_title', 'cleanWPMess');
add_filter('the_content', 'cleanWPMess');
add_filter('the_excerpt', 'cleanWPMess');

but I wonder why WP do that.

--
Jimmy | www.jimmyroy.fr