[wp-hackers] How to load a sidebar/footer from non-WordPress environment

Philip Walton philip at philipwalton.com
Fri Apr 1 03:49:37 UTC 2011

Otto, I haven't tried that so I can't confirm, but that sounds like it
would almost certainly cause problems. Both Yii and WordPress use
htaccess rewrite rules, both use a custom URL structure, and I believe
both use cookies/sessions. It just seems like that would get real messy,
real fast.

And what about a situation where the other pages aren't being built with
PHP? I've had similar issues when building applications with a coworker
who uses WebObjects (Java).

Is this not something anyone here has really had to deal with? It seems
to me like it would come up frequently.