[wp-hackers] Limiting number of terms in admin section edit screen

Christian Foster christian.foster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:34:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've just imported 27000 taxonomy terms, but the admin screen keeps
freezing for long periods when editing posts as it tries to load all
of them into the checkbox list.

Does anyone know of a way to limit the number that appear? It is
hierarchical, but I would probably prefer the same meta box that you
get when you have a flat taxonomy and have to type the term in.

I haven't found anything that does this so I might try and wrap it in
a plugin - I think ideally anyone with a large number would only want
to select by typing or have a collapsible tree.

Cheers,

Chris.