[wp-hackers] Blogger Importer seems to be broken.

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 13:48:24 UTC 2010

I was importing blog from blogger to standalone wordpress with regular
blogger importer plugin
(http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/blogger-importer/) and got a
garbage instead of post content. '<' and '>' brackets were stripped
from html everywhere. I tried to troubleshoot it somehow and came to a
conclusion that an error happens somewhere in the AtomParser class,
which for some reason comes with the importer plugin and differs from
the one that comes with WordPress. However I'm not exactly familiar
with this part of WP and PHP, so I just thought I'd ask first before
plunging in the depths of it.

I tried to import the very same blog with visually the same importer
plugin on WordPress.com and it went as expected and imported all the
posts cleanly. Are they the same plugins indeed?

What could be a potential problem?

If plugins are identical, then I guess this should have something with
server configuration maybe?

--
Davit Barbakadze