[wp-hackers] Fwd: Difference between authentication via plugin and via template?

Barry Coughlan barry at 091labs.com
Fri Sep 24 21:06:40 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Hoping some of you can help me out with this problem. I'm messing with
integrating DokuWiki (awesome lightweight wiki package) into a static
Wordpress page, which is working here: http://091labs.com/wiki/

I have a custom template file that goes:

<?php
require ("dokuwiki/doku.php");
?>

and this works fine (after a lot of hacking).

However, I'm trying to do this in a Wordpress plugin, so I hook some action
(e.g. wp_head, wp_footer... same result regardless!) and insert the above
code. The wiki page shows up, but I get a permission denied page.

Dokuwiki is working off the Wordpress authentication, so unless there is a
difference in $_COOKIE/$_GET/$_POST/$_SESSION (which I can't see) it makes
no sense that the template would work fine but the plugin way gives
'permission denied'  . Any thoughts before I go digging deep into the
dokuwiki code?