[wp-hackers] Will Activation Hook Be Executed During Plugin Upgradation?

Cornelius, Gregory gcorne at bu.edu
Mon Sep 20 21:49:03 UTC 2010

mu-plugins for one.  I also prefer to use version control and custom deployment scripts for upgrades.   It is easy enough to trigger /wp-admin/upgrade.php from a script.   Will I be able to trigger upgrades in a similar fashion when upgrading themes and plugins?  If so, that might work.

I also hate having to fork plugins because they weren't designed with complex environments in mind.   For example, most plugins don't honor WP_PROXY_HOST and WP_PROXY_PORT.