[wp-hackers] Assigning capabilities to Appearance submenu items

Philip Downer philip at manifestbozeman.com
Mon Sep 20 20:04:56 UTC 2010

Long time lurker, but first time poster. I've searched Google
extensively and just can't seem to come up with an answer on this
problem.

I use Justin Tadlock's excellent 'Members' plugin for roles and
permissions on several client installations of WP. I've recently
deployed a theme where the client should only have access to the
Appearance -> Menus item, but none of the others sub-items in the
Appearance menu of the admin.

When enabled, the role 'edit_theme_options' enables the user to access
'Themes', 'Widgets', and 'Menus'. How would I go about filtering the
submenu so that if the role 'edit_custom_menus' is assigned, the
'Menus' link will show?

Philip Downer
Office: (406) 585-9406
Cell: (406) 599-0222
Skype: manifestphil
Manifest Creative
21000 Frontage Rd., Suite #6
Belgrade, MT 59714

info at manifestbozeman.com
www.manifestbozeman.com

MANIFEST: clear and obvious to the eye or mind.