[wp-hackers] Will Activation Hook Be Executed During Plugin Upgradation?

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 17:29:20 UTC 2010

On 20 Sep 2010, at 16:34, Nicolas Kuttler wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:04:12AM -0400, Andrew Nacin wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Raj <list at expost.org> wrote:
>>
>>> When a plug-in is upgraded through the administrator panel's plugin
>>> interface (when already activated), will the activation hook be executed?
>>

>> Historically, yes, but only during a single upgrade. However, it is not
>> executed as part of a bulk update. Which is probably something to be
>> classified as a bug.
>
> Seriously? Yes, sounds like a bug.

Actually, I would only expect activation hooks to fire when the plugin is activated and not on upgrade.

Just like deactivation hooks should only fire on deactivation.

So the bug would be them firing at any point apart from real activation.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5