[wp-hackers] Disabling wp-signup redirections in WP 3.0.1 inmultisite mode

David Morris dvmorris at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 03:14:52 UTC 2010

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure that's going to work for me, because
I'm not in sub-domain mode, and I am actually not trying to disable
redirects from invalid blog URLs. Say I have a WP 3.0 Multisite installation
at:

http://blog.example.com/

And I have a sub-blog at:

http://blog.example.com/blog2

If I'm on blog2, and I go to the wp-login page, the URL is:

http://blog.example.com/blog2/wp-login.php

The link that says Register points here:

http://blog.example.com/blog2/wp-login.php?action=register

which redirects to:

http://blog.example.com/blog2/wp-signup.php

which then immediately redirects to:

http://blog.example.com/wp-signup.php

I would like to remove that last redirect, and the only way I can figure out
how to do it is by commenting out these lines starting on line 30 of
wp-signup.php:

/*if ( !is_main_site() ) {
  wp_redirect( network_home_url( 'wp-signup.php' ) );
  die();
}*/

I did figure out how to hook wp_redirect and disable that particular
redirect, but the die() statement above was still killing me. It seems like
the wp_redirect should be wrapped in a conditional, and the page should only
die if the redirect actually happened.

Dave

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) <
philip at frumph.net> wrote:

> http://frumph.net/wordpress/wordpress-3-0-multisite-subdomain-installation-noblogredirect-behavior-fix/
>
> This will do it for you.  If i'm reading what you want to do correctly.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Morris" <dvmorris at gmail.com>

Dave Morris
http://dave.showviz.net/
http://3dcamphouston.com/