[wp-hackers] Custom list of posts per user

Kevin Newman CaptainN at unFocus.com
Wed Sep 15 15:41:19 UTC 2010

  On 9/14/10 8:50 PM, Dougal Campbell wrote:
> Is there some particular reason you don't want to just stick the data
> in user_meta? Anytime I see the phrase "per user", that's the first
> place I'd think of putting it.
I was hoping to leverage the built in themeing support for custom
taxonomies - the loop-taxonomy in particular.

I'm not really sure if putting it in user meta precludes that option
though. I'm still learning the ins and outs of WordPress. I'd also like
the admin of the site to be able to get a list of lists generated by
site users. In a product/cart system, this could be useful for all sorts
of analytics, or even useful with for support (so support user could
view or even edit a user's list content while on the phone with them, etc.).

Kevin N.