[wp-hackers] Anything like a Plugin Framework?

Nicolas Kuttler wp-hackers at nicolaskuttler.de
Wed Sep 15 09:02:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 08:59:57AM +0530, Raj wrote:
> Has anything been created like a plug-in framework? You know like:

It sounds to me like you want code examples, not really a framework.
I've read several plugins by wp developers and suggest you read

1. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/shadowbox-js/
Clean overall code structure and very well documented.

2. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/scb-framework/
Good code and documentation, plus it's a plugin framework.

> 2.       Pre-defined init function

This is really too plugin-specific.

> 5.       Pre-defined sample content-types (I know I am pushing it J)
>
> 6.       Pre-defined sample post meta-boxes

I don't think there's really need for that, there are excellent
tutorials, just google them. Not sure about the codex.

> 7.       Pre-defined sample widgets

Hm, is something missing on http://codex.wordpress.org/Widgets_API ?

Nicolas

p.s. It's a little sad how badly (not at all) documented many plugins are,
yes core devs, I'm looking at yours :-/

--
Nicolas Kuttler
wp at nkuttler.de