[wp-hackers] Memory outages and wordpress

Christopher Ross cross at thisismyurl.com
Tue Sep 14 19:07:28 UTC 2010

Recently I discovered that one of my blogs was serving 25,000 pages a day. The site itself was cached but the RSS feed wasn't cached, so the a page with the CPU weight of the homepage was loading 25k times a day ... that was causing massive memory issues.

I offloaded my RSS feeds to Feedburner and forced the redirects in my .htaccess, now my sites are running smoothly.

c.