[wp-hackers] WordPress Installation Profiles

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Tue Sep 14 03:04:06 UTC 2010

  On Sep 13 2010 10:10 PM, Raj wrote:
> Drupal has something called installation profiles. The installation profile
> is a small script that you place in the configuration directory. It will be
> picked up by Drupal automatically during the installation process. The
> profile script has the following information:
>

> 1.       Which modules to activate during installation
>
> 2.       Which theme to apply to the newly installed website
>

> All of which must be placed at the module and theme directories.
>

> Each of us setting up WordPress websites has a standard list of tasks to be
> done. These tasks could be programmed into a script and with some helping
> hand from Wordpress, the installation process itself could be customized. It
> may even be possible to set up a fully configured website remotely. What do
> you think? Has this been considered before?

In addition to the links others have provided, I wrote about this topic
in July 2009:

   http://dougal.gunters.org/blog/2009/07/30/wordpress-packages

Be sure to check the comments for a couple of interesting links,
including a screencast by Dion Hulse (dd32).

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/