[wp-hackers] single widget configuration for multiple instances if a widget

Mohammad Jangda batmoo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 19:40:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Paul <paul at codehooligans.com> wrote:

> I though about setting up a new post type where the widget information is
> set. Then each widget itself would pull in the content from the post type.
> But this seems hack-ish and for some reason I tend to think the WP Widget
> system should handle my need. I'm just not seeing the logic I'm looking for.

That probably seems like the best approach. Store your data elsewhere
(doesn't have to be a post type; could be an options entry) and then make
the widget pull in the data. Most of the built-in widgets do this. The
options for your widget can be used to tweak that particular widget
instance.

--
Mohammad Jangda
www.digitalize.ca | @mjangda