[wp-hackers] Site Address during development

Nathaniel Taintor goldenapplesdesign at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 01:35:38 UTC 2010

Another point to consider, in support of the idea of using a shortcode in
place of full url's in post content etc, is that some plugins filter urls
before displaying them. I'm working on a multilingual site right now and
using the qTranslate plugin, which rewrites urls based on the users
language.

Presumably a [url] shortcode - or some other similar solution - would either
be filtered through the bloginfo_url filter, or have its own filter attached
to it, that could be hooked into for edge cases like this. The only way of
doing this now is searching through all the output for anything that matches
a url in some way, and checking whether or not it needs to be filtered. Not
very efficient.

Best,
Than