[wp-hackers] deactivate a blog (site) at network

Heiko Rabe heiko.rabe at code-styling.de
Thu Sep 2 18:25:12 UTC 2010

To make it clear, if it wasn't up to now.
I'm about to test a WordPress 3.0.1 Multisite configuration. I'm testing a main blog with 2 additional sub blogs now.
Both sub blogs were created as type of folders instead type of sub domains.

Now I went to the sites overview and press "deactivate" for the 2nd sub blog.
What I now expect (as known by plugins when they will be deactivated): The sub blog is not longer accessible by the WWW using a browser (similar like a deactivated plugin can't modify any longer my output, it simply not reachable).

But the result is, that this blog can normally been browsed and read as it hasn't been deactivated.

So my question is, what is the purpose of activate/deactivate a blog?
Does it matter, if they are sub domains or "directories"?

Kind regards

Heiko Rabe
(www.code-styling.de)