[wp-hackers] Permalink Performance

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Sep 2 17:51:19 UTC 2010

Not true. A static string at the front of the custom permalink string
will avoid the issue.

It depends on your setup and the particular permalink string you use.

- If you use just %postname% as the permalink string, then yes.
- If you use blog/%postname% as the permalink string, then no.

Also, this only actually causes a problem if you have a lot of Pages.

See my post on the topic:
http://ottopress.com/2010/category-in-permalinks-considered-harmful/

-Otto