[wp-hackers] Permalink Performance

Ryan Bilesky rbilesky at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 17:45:58 UTC 2010

According to http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks

"For performance reasons, it is *not* a good idea to start your permalink
structure with the category, tag, author, or postname fields. The reason is
that these are text fields, and using them at the beginning of your
Post URLs from Page URLs (which always use the text "page slug" as the URL),
and to compensate, WordPress stores a lot of extra information in its
database (so much that sites with lots of Pages have experienced
difficulties). So, it is best to start your permalink structure with a
numeric field, such as the year or post ID."

Now my question is this, I would like to have my permalinks for posts look
like this:   mysite.tld/blog/%postname%

Does anyone know if this will cause any performance issues since they start
with a static string?