[wp-hackers] Site Address during development

Vid Luther vid at zippykid.com
Thu Sep 2 13:15:47 UTC 2010

Simplest thing would be to define it in the wp-config.php.

define('WP_SITEURL', "http://example.com");
define('WP_HOME', "http://example.com");

You can get creative if you have the ability to set environment variables within Apache,
we do a SetEnv zippy_environment dev|stage|production.

Then in the wp-config, you can do a case($_SERVER['zippy_environment']) {

}

I'm also playing with an idea of a plugin that is aware of this, so I don't need to change the SQL, but it it filters any references to urls through it..
this is just an idea, I have no clue how sane it is, and if it's going to bring the site to a screeching halt or not.

The defines() above work though.

Vid Luther
CEO and Founder
ZippyKid