[wp-hackers] Site Address during development

Michael Clark dc153464a11bcf5aeb18180db28017fb.wp-hackers at planetmike.com
Thu Sep 2 12:36:17 UTC 2010

Good morning,

I'm developing a site for a client, and they are finally able to
start adding their info, posts and pages, both with a lot of photos.
I have the WordPress address (URL) and Site address (URL) (set under
http://www.example.com/wp-admin/options-general.php ) defined to be
the temporary subdomain of their domain name. But when they embed
photos or PDFs into a post or page, the temporary domain name is
embedded into the post. Once we go live this weekend is there an easy
way to change those details into the new, permanent domain name? I
don't want to have to maintain the development URL forever.

Actually, it seems silly to embed the domain name into the posts and
pages at all. It's adding a bit to the page, plus possible delaying
the loading of pages by fractions of a second as the page requests
have to hit DNS. Shouldn't everything embedded be relative to the
root directory of WordPress? Thanks, Mike

--

Michael Clark
http://www.PlanetMike.com

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
  - Martin Luther King Jr.