[wp-hackers] Deployment process (was Exporting Menus)

Vid Luther vid at zippykid.com
Wed Sep 1 15:49:00 UTC 2010

Andrew,
 I agree 100%. I'm just using capistrano to migrate static files and a base db dump right now, but my goal is to be able to go from prod to stage to prod to dev.

I don't want to do it as a live link, as I normally don't allow access between staging environments and production environments. My goal is to build something along the lines of Chef/Opscode or puppetlabs but just for wordpress.

PS: I'm not sure if anyone from the wpengine team is on here, but they have a staging plugin, that's supposed to do quite a bit of what you're asking for, the plugin is free to download, I just haven't had time to try it.