[wp-hackers] wordpress theme script injection (hosted on dreamhost)

24/7 24-7 at gmx.net
Sun Oct 31 22:58:13 UTC 2010

1. No recommendation for mediatemple: I had the same problem
(injection of mal content in posts table) with the mediatemple grid
service. I got different versions of WordPress running from 2.7 to
latest. Due to the fact, that nearly all of them got hacked and some
didn't share one single script, plugin or even the version nr, i would
say, the attack was at the shared service and not at the WordPress
installations. No attack would target that many different doors at the
same time (i guess).

My problem with mediatemple is, that this happend the second time now.
I found the first mal content at the end of july, wrote a plugin to
check the DB and removed the content from there. I immediately offered
it to them, but they only wanted it if they get it for free (I stil
pay for their "service"). Now, in the middle of october, they notified
me, that my databases were "cleaned up"... Thanks for nothing.

2. If you want that plugin: Just drop me a mail. You get it for
free :)

Wish you best.

-K.