[wp-hackers] Displaying a page on-the-fly with a plugin

Rafael Ehlers rafaehlers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:14:41 UTC 2010

Use this class/plugin:
http://scott.sherrillmix.com/blog/blogger/creating-a-better-fake-post-with-a-wordpress-plugin/

A lot of plugins are using it.

Best Regards,

Rafael *Ehlers*

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dino Termini <dino at duechiacchiere.it>
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:46:04 -0400
Subject: [wp-hackers] Displaying a page on-the-fly with a plugin
Hi everybody,

I'm developing a plugin that displays a page for the users with various
options. Right now, I'm using

insert_post()

to create the page when the plugin is activated, and then
add_filter('the_content') whose attached functions runs only if the ID of
the current page matches the one of the page I created. Some of my users
have pointed out that creating a new page 'clutters' their blog, so I was
wondering if there's a different way to "load the current theme" and display
my custom content in place of the_content(). Please let me know if you need
more details.

Thanks,
Camu