[wp-hackers] "The Matrix Has You" easter egg

Moya, Eddie emoya at tribune.com
Fri Oct 22 14:48:24 UTC 2010

It seems irresponsible that "cute" things like these are built into wordpress, and are turned on be default. I don't want to hash out that old debate though. I camel-case P debate is too fresh in my mind.

It seems only reasonable that there be a core plugin that removes all these - rather unprofessional looking - easter eggs. That is, in lieu of having them turned off by default and optionally turned on.

As Alren suggests, a wp-config.php setting would work just as fine - although I think a core-plugin might be more easily accessible by the types who get confused by these easter-eggs to begin with.

--
Eddie Moya
Applications Developer

On 10/22/10 9:42 AM, "Arlen Beiler" <arlenbee at gmail.com> wrote:

How many easter eggs are there. And I would recommend a setting in
wp-config.php, rather than a plugin.