[wp-hackers] Permalink Performance

Ryan Bilesky rbilesky at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 19:16:27 UTC 2010

I made an interesting discovery today, I use a permalink of /blog/%postname%

Now while having another rewrite rules issue I install this plugin (
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/askapaches-rewriterules-viewer/)
according to it, my blog is using verbose page rewrite rules.

Now performance wise this isn;t much of an issue as I won;t have probabbly
more than 50 pages or so, but this is causing another issue when I modify
the sql queries of one blog to pull posts, pages, and comments from another
blog on my multisite install.  see my other recent email about my subdomin
probllems with multisite.  I am using the query filter to change wp_#_table
to wp_table and everything works find, except pages, unless I copy the pages
to that sites table to create the rewrite rules.

Anyway just though I'd update this with my findings about using a static
string to start post permalinks.