[wp-hackers] Reposter Plugin and SQL Strange Behaviour

wp-hackers at google-adsense-templates.co.uk wp-hackers at google-adsense-templates.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 00:05:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a very strange problem relating to a plugin
http://www.gurugazette.com/Reposter/ that reposts the oldest post in a
category (basically gives the oldest post the current date/time) and
SQL search and replace command to change some links in the WP
database.

Been running the plugin with no problems on multiple sites prior to
the SQL changes.

Changed some links via an SQL database command, basically changed
these links (affiliate links).

now</strong></span>

Using the SQL commands:

update wp_posts set post_content = replace(post_content,'<a
href="/buy.php?id=','<span class="test" title="test" id="');
update wp_posts set post_content =

The SQL commands did what they were suppossed to do and everything
worked fine.

The reposter plugin runs at intervals and a couple of days later
rather than the links that had changed being as they are suppossed to
be the code id="######" had gone on any posts that had been processed
by the plugin!

now</strong></span>

This has happened on both domains I've made these changes to.

Looking at the posts in question I noticed the old Revisons of the
posts had the correct code, it was only the new version that had been
processed by the plugin that had lost the code id="######".

I also noticed the author name of posts (all posts processed by the
plugin) had lost their author attribution.

Under Revisions it's supposed to look like this:

17 August, 2010 @ 12:18 by Authorname

But it looks like

17 August, 2010 @ 12:18 by

On ALL posts processed by the plugin (not related to the SQL changes).

I doubt this has anything to do with what's happening, but including
it just in case it's relevant.

It makes no sense why just the id="#####" part of the code would
vanish on the links, everything else is fine the other parts of the
code between the two SQL changes are intact. Of the code this part
(######"><strong>Anchor text) is unchanged with ###### being a unique
number and Anchor text being unique text for every link.

Very confused?????

David
--
Monetize your WordPress blog with Search Engine Optimized templates
including AdSense ads http://www.google-adsense-templates.co.uk/