[wp-hackers] WP Development & Production Sites

Gavin Pearce Gavin.Pearce at 3seven9.com
Mon Nov 29 15:50:00 UTC 2010

> Bill Dennen wrote:
> There are a few things that are affected by the full URLs but are not
> strictly problems for developers.

+1. Bill sums up perfectly my next thoughts.

> Peter Westwood wrote:
> That is what takes all the unnecessary processing

The interesting part of this, naming no names of course, is that some
people who fear the "unnecessary processing" for relative URLs, were
backing the Wordpress to WordPress unnecessary processing that occurs on
every init for WordPress.  ;)

Surely replacing Wordpress to WordPress is no different resource wise,
than replacing [shorttag] to URL?

> Jacob Santos wrote:
> I disagree with Peter in that WordPress already does what some would
consider "unnecessary processing"
> and what one considers unnecessary processing might not be to another
person

+1