[wp-hackers] <!DOCTYPE html>

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 15:34:34 UTC 2010

The reason I got into this was to leverage my asp programming skills
right into wordpress/php realm. I know it is long shot but when all
you get is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

When writing a post, right within the WYSIWYG editor, I go <script
src='/library/runasp.js'></script><script
runasp("/myasppage.asp","")</script>

And then boom, when you look at the post, right where I mentioned
runasp("/myASPpage.asp",""), i get an iframe with no scroll bars
regardless of how short or tall the output coming from that asp page,
basically a perfectly sized iframe. Since there are no borders and
scroll bars, I can do whatever I want to do in the myasp.asp page and
the reader won't know a difference. That's a very convenient trick for
me to get going.

Of course, this trick has nothing to do with ASP per se. This is a
general iframe resizing matter which opens up some wordpress
hack/extension possibilities for the rest of us. When I do <script
runasp("/myPHPpage.php","")</script> or <script
runasp("/myHTMpage.htm","")</script>, the code still works, regardless
of how many times I use the trick within a given post.

It's a shame IE spoils the whole experience.

I think some of the js calls I use do not work with IE properly.