[wp-hackers] WP 3.1 beta Make Internal Linking feature available in HTML mode too

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Sat Nov 20 13:19:23 UTC 2010

Perhaps you never noticed before, but the HTML editor never had the same
functionality as the Visual editor. The HTML editor uses the basic
browser dialog intentionally, as people using the HTML window have made
a choice to write in code, not using a WYSIWYG. There are a number of
handy features in teh Visual editor to make composition easier, like the
styles dropdown and formatting options that are not built into the HTML
editor, since that's meant to be the DIY view.

If we started putting all the RTE features into the HTML editor, there
would be a huge backlash. If you want the WYSIWYG features, then you
might as well just use the Visual editor, at least for now. Maybe
someone will write a plugin to do what you ask, though.